1. Do I have to take Drivers Ed?
If you are under the age of 18, you are required to take Drivers Ed as well as behind-the-wheel training before you can get your license.
2. Do I have to have a permit?
Yes. Regardless of your age, you have to pass the written test and get a permit in order to learn to drive.
3. How long is my permit valid?
Your permit is valid for one year from the date of issue. If your permit expires you must renew it before you can take lessons.
4. Can I drive by myself?
If you have a learner’s permit and if you are under 18, you must be accompanied by a licensed driver who is 25 years or older. If you are caught driving without a license or alone with a learner’s permit, you could have your vehicle impounded, you could get a ticket, and you could have your ability to get your license postponed for quite some time.
5. How long do I have to wait to get my license?
You must be 15 ½ before you can take the written test to get a permit. After you get your permit you must be practicing with supervision for 6 months before you can get your license. There are no exceptions.
6. Do I have to take Behind-the-Wheel Training?
If you want to get your license before you turn 18 then you must complete behind the wheel training with an instructor. You must also practice with your parent or other licensed driver for a total of 50 hours. Ten of those hours must be at night. If you are over the age of 18, you are not required to take behind-the-wheel lessons.
7. Do I have to have insurance?
You will be covered by our insurance when you take Driver’s Training. You might be covered by your parent’s insurance while driving with them, provided that you have a learner’s permit. Check with your insurance company.
8. Can I use the instructor’s car for my driving test?
We offer the use of our vehicle for the drive test for an additional fee. This includes free pick up and ½ hour of practice before the test. You will need to schedule your test and then call us to set up the appointment.
9. Is this course accepted by the CA DMV in order to fulfill the 30 hour requirement for Drivers Education?
YES! This course has been fully reviewed and accepted by the California DMV.
10. Does this course expire?
No, it does not.
11. How old do I have to be to get a permit?
You must be 15 ½ years old to obtain your drivers learning permit.
12. How long does it take to complete the Drivers Ed online course?
It all depends on each individual student’s pace; we have seen some students complete it in 3 days and others have taken up to 3 months.
13. How old do I have to be to take this course?
You may take the course at 15 1/2 years of age.
14. Can I use more than one computer to do this course?
Yes, just make sure that you use your registered user name and password to log-in.
15. Will my personal information be shared with anyone else?
Absolutely not! All information will be kept confidential.
16.How do I prove to the DMV that I have successfully completed this driving course?
When you have successfully completed this course, a Certificate of Completion of Drivers Education will be mailed to you immediately. Please allow 3 to 6 business days for postal delivery.